Human Resources Recruiting Specialist
As part of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Recruiting Specialist will be responsible for supporting the staffing efforts of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC (FDBT) and building a strong workforce that adds to the company's bottom line. This highly skilled HR professional should possess knowledge of employment and labor law, have a deep understanding of recruiting and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. The HR Specialist will be expected to recruit potential candidates, screen them, and recommend them for placement. The process of recruiting may involve both internal and external sourcing methods, thereby requiring the HR Recruiting Specialist to be adept at understanding where and how to locate candidates.
- Partner with the FDBT HR Team, recruiting firms, and hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Review resumes to determine if minimum qualifications are met prior to sending to hiring manager for review.
- Conduct in-person and phone interviews with candidates.
- Assist the Hiring Manager and interview teams develop appropriate, job specific interview questions.
- May assist with performing reference and background checks.
- Make recommendations to hiring managers.
- Coordinate interviews with the hiring managers and schedule travel requirements for candidates, if applicable.
- Follow up on the interview process status.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening process.
- Stay current on the company's organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Provide back-up support for new hire orientations.
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations.
- May be required to conduct exit interviews.
- Assist with 30/60/90 day “Stay-On” interviews.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient with standard office equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other HR specific software applications).
- Ability to cold call and network with potential candidates and leaders of industry associations to solidify potential sourcing pipeline.
- Must be able to sell candidates on the benefits of working for FDBT and living in College Station.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must read, write and speak clearly.
- Professional appearance, attitude, demeanor.
- Customer service orientation.
- Creative approach to recruiting.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources or related field and 3 years' of related Human Resources/Recruiting experience; or
- High School Diploma or GED, and 6 years' of relevant related Human Resources/Recruiting exp
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.