Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is a federal government contractor and, in compliance with its obligations under current federal regulations, Sorrento requires all employees, including newly hired employees, to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation. For further information, please refer to the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force’s September 24, 2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, available at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Sorrento Therapeutics (“Sorrento”) is seeking a Scientist Scientist to join a team of researchers evaluating novel biologics in the field of Cancer Immunotherapy.
Provide in vitro and in vivo experimental data in support of pre-clinical drug development and discovery efforts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan and execute experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidates into Sorrento Therapeutics Immuno-Oncology/Oncolytic Virus pipeline.
- Be actively involved in the selection and characterization of anti-cancer biologics by designing, planning and running in vitro functional assays and in vivo efficacy studies.
- Prepare detailed protocols, technical reports and maintain appropriate documentation using an electronic notebook.
- Summarize and present results in cross-functional project teams and within the department.
- Utilize excellent time and organizational skills with ability to work in a high paced environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in Cancer Immunology or related life science (post-doctoral experience is a plus but not required).
- Preferred knowledge:
- Aseptic mammalian cell culture techniques
- Excellent time and organizational skills with ability to work in a high paced environment to meet deadlines and prioritize work on multiple projects is required.
- The Scientist I should be able to summarize and present results in cross-functional project teams and within the department.
- The successful Candidate will prepare detailed protocols, technical reports and maintain appropriate documentation using an electronic notebook.
- Immunology background (both adaptive and innate immunity)
- Flow cytometry hands-on experience
- Some experience with rodent handling – including dosing via multiple routes (P.O., I.V., I.P.), blood collection (sub-mandibular, terminal cardiac, retro-orbital), tumor implantation, necropsy, and tumor/organ collection
- Cell-based assays relevant to cancer drug development and immune function (CTG- and/or Bioluminescent-based killing assays, MLR, reporter assays, etc.)
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer