Director Alliance Management
We are extremely passionate about two things: Our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of translating real-time biological signals into digital information, which in turn leads to products and applications that will positively impact and transform our future.
By integrating molecular biology with semiconductor electronics, we have linked computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time. Using a biocompatible nanomaterial – graphene – which is a near perfect conductor as it is only one atom thick, we have patented uses of this material to gain a signal resolution high enough to listen into real-time molecular interactions. That means, our technology effectively taps into biology's internal communication to expand or replace current optical and static measurements with interactive live streams of multi-omic signals and analyses.
We're driven by this vision, and we need talented people who share it, as we're rapidly growing and looking for talents who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. If you think you fit our dynamic and fun culture, please consider joining us to help shape a new paradigm in science, building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong understanding of business objectives, effective communication and empathy skills, and experience in negotiating the complexities of project execution involving internal and external multidisciplinary technical and commercial teams. Working as an Alliance Manager/Director within Innovation Partnerships at Cardea requires a candidate that is people oriented and as comfortable speaking about the science as they are about the business.Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Responsible for setting appropriate expectations and driving strong and positive relationships with partners.
- Responsible for successful project execution by working directly with internal project team leads and project management lead to ensure contract execution aligns with partner expectations.
- Communicate progress timely to partners including working with internal technical teams to finalize all external presentations, reports, publications, etc. prior to delivery to partner.
- Must be able to critically assess risks to project success across business units and propose action plan to mitigate.
- Report to Chief Business Officer and VP Innovation Partnerships on progress of project portfolio and provide analysis on ways to derive increased value from each partnership.
- PhD, or master's degree with equivalent experience, in biology, biochemistry, physics, or engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in business development with a focus on alliance/partner management in biotechnology markets.
- Experience working on and managing projects across scientific disciplines and markets a plus.