Senior Director, Commercial Partnerships
We are extremely passionate about two things: Our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of translating real-time biological signals into digital information, which in turn leads to products and applications that will positively impact and transform our future.
By integrating molecular biology with semiconductor electronics, we have linked computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time. Using a biocompatible nanomaterial – graphene – which is a near perfect conductor as it is only one atom thick, we have patented uses of this material to gain a signal resolution high enough to listen into real-time molecular interactions. That means, our technology effectively taps into biology's internal communication to expand or replace current optical and static measurements with interactive live streams of multi-omic signals and analyses.
We're driven by this vision, and we need talented people who share it, as we're rapidly growing and looking for talents who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. If you think you fit our dynamic and fun culture, please consider joining us to help shape a new paradigm in science, building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™.About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong understanding of business objectives, effective communication and empathy skills, and experience in negotiating the complexities of project execution involving internal and external multidisciplinary technical and commercial teams. Directly reports to CBO and is responsible for creating and executing strategic partnerships, alliances, and business development opportunities that align with existing company capabilities and developed applications that drive growth, especially into new markets.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Leads all contracting with, and building of, partner relationships for all commercial (non-innovation and academic) partnerships; including, commercial due diligence as well as project and product development work plans in collaboration with internal and external R&D, Production, and Commercial teams.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and resource demands for all partnerships, alliances, and business development opportunities in the commercial partnership area of the business.
- Direct a team of alliance and applications managers to ensure effective partnership management and project execution, with focus on mitigating key risks to partnership relationship and strategic goals.
- Represent Cardea's mission to external entities in all venues to develop and grow a productive network of partners, industry leaders, and business development counterparts.
- PhD, or master's degree with equivalent experience, in biology, biochemistry, physics, or engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in business development with a focus on alliance/partner management in biotechnology markets.
- Experience leading and managing projects across scientific disciplines and markets.