Founded in 2000, Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is the 3rd largest, private, specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States. With our intense technical focus on the application of physical chemistry in biological systems, coupled with the requirements of manufacturing and market demands, we have grown our employee base over 250% in the past three years. Specifically, we are engaged in research, development and manufacturing of both OTC and Rx branded products and specialty generic products. Our mission is to understand the science driving the delivery of drugs into the human body; develop and bring to market products that add value to our customers and patients and provide a benefit to our company, employees and society at large.
We have an immediate opening in Monmouth Junction, NJ for a Pharma Manufacturing Supervisor on our 2nd shift.
The Manufacturing Supervisor oversees all aspects of manufacturing methods and processes for new or existing products, implements and maintains production schedules and manpower requirements to meet scheduling needs. This is a 2nd Shift Position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures; Provides guidance, support and direction through positive interactions with manufacturing associates during daily operations
• Organizes the daily schedule and assigns personnel to the various work spaces to meet the demand of planning
• Works collectively with the other Supervisors to assist in setting up the daily schedule and providing coverage for absenteeism
• Assures that all Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) requirements are being followed with respect to the production of controlled substances
• Reports and investigates any deviations from processes or procedures
• Maintains a presence on the production floor at all times; Trains new employees and mentors lower level technicians as appropriate
• Assists with the development and writing of SOPs and investigation reports and contributes to the circulation of the documents under approved procedures
• Possesses total comprehension and working knowledge of the manufacturing equipment and manufacturing processes in designated areas
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
• Issues work orders, as required
• Works extra hours or weekends as required by management to meet the demands of the scheduleRequirements
High School diploma or equivalent AND minimum 10 years related work experience OR Associates degree AND 7 years related work experience OR Bachelors degree AND minimum 5 years related work experience. Related work experience must include multiple aspects of the manufacturing process in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology cGMP regulated environment REQUIRED
• Working knowledge of manufacturing procedures and federal regulations pertaining to manufacturing processes REQUIRED
• Working knowledge of good manufacturing systems and familiarity with regulatory and manufacturing SOPs and cGMPs
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental policies, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, etc. REQUIRED
• Strong record keeping skills REQUIRED
• Prior pharmaceutical manufacturing group lead or supervisory experience REQUIRED
• Ability to train, motivate, direct and supervise manufacturing personnel REQUIRED
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office REQUIRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI