Chief Building Engineer
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
A well-organized and efficient facilities department is critical to Recursion’s goal of radically improving the lives of patients. You will be a key member of Recursion’s daily operations and partner with numerous groups to continue our mission.
- Communicate the status of projects and scheduled PM’s with management and all relevant stakeholders. Facilities projects regularly impact up-time in the labs if not scheduled correctly.
- Develop a cross functional facilities team that can handle multiple job functions as well as work across multiple sites.
- Establish a detailed training plan for new hires. Create an established training profile that can be used as a baseline across multiple sites.
- Implement and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program. Program to include annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or industry best practices.
- Create an Operations Document Library of construction plans, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
- Contribute to the development of programs and techniques to enhance the Facilities infrastructure at Recursion. Assist with the rollout of various initiatives with company-wide impact.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be joining the Site Services team at Recursion, which works to support lab and site operations, facilities management, EH&S, expansion facilities and other necessary areas. You’ll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to expand and enable Recursion to continue to grow and succeed in our mission to decode biology.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Effective multitasking, record and information management skills
- Project development and coordination skills for a variety of different project areas
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.