Temporary, Senior Stock Administration
Manager: Director, Accounting
Location: Brisbane, CA or Remote, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an Temporary, Senior Stock Administration who is able to work both independently and as part of a team. The position will be responsible for overseeing all stock administration duties for stock awards & stock option activities, Equity Incentive Plan oversight, beneficial ownership, ESPP, and Compensation Committee support. The position will also be responsible for Section 16 filings, trading restrictions, and development, oversight and management of 10b5-1 trading plans, policies and procedures.
- Maintain integrity of data in the stock administration database (Equity Edge Online), working across departments and with executive management
- Develop improvements in process and automated solutions for the stock administration function
- Manage the ESPP participation (enrollment/changes/withdrawals/settlement)
- Manage the RSU and Stock Option programs
- Manage new grant process, documentation and compliance requirements
- Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements, including Section 16, Proxy, and 10-K
- Provide excellent customer service to all equity participants and respond timely to employee questions
- Work with payroll to ensure taxes are properly withheld for exercises and W-2s are accurate
- Provide regular training and education to participants in our stock plan. Develop onboarding program for equity and participate in the onboarding process for new hires to ensure they are clear on the process
- Ensure compliance with all domestic and international laws for income and tax withholdings for stock options, RSUs and ESPP
- Day to day responsibilities include trading, reporting and coordinating with other functional teams and external parties
- Execute quarterly control steps in support of stock-based compensation accounting entries
- Monitor the compliance of equity transactions with the documented terms, ensuring wires are prepared, legal documents are received, and work with external brokers
- Provide external reporting and tax support for quarterly reporting requirements
- Generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (HR, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond to ad-hoc data requests on a timely basis
- Prepare applicable tables and provide appropriate information for use in the annual proxy statement
- Maintain share registers and reconcile with legal, Human Resources, and international activities
- Own SOX procedures related to the equity process
- Develop and maintain communications and education materials for the company
- Manage transfer agent and DWAC process
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- CEP designation preferred
- 10+ years’ experience desired
- Bachelor's degree
- Significant experience with stock options, RSUs and ESPP programs for a public company
- Section 16 experience
- Highly proficient in Equity Edge Online. Experience with E-Trade and ADP Workforce Now
- Must be a self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and deadline driven individual
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams (Legal, Payroll, Financial Reporting, HR)
- Lead process improvement related to stock administration activities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated accountability to BOD Members, Senior Executives, Employees and Stockholders
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience identifying and leading change, and building this capability in others
- Strong project-management skills, from concept to planning to implementation
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements, policies and practices related to the functional area. Experience with SOX controls and internal audit compliance
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.