We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Northeast Applications Science team, you’ll provide strategic scientific support for customers ranging from large pharmas to biotechs, as well as academic institutions. You’ll be trained in the optimal use of our life science software, from adoption to advanced usage. Alongside your fellow Applications Scientists, you’ll consult with our life science customers and help them to tackle various challenging drug discovery problems.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone with solid experience in structure-based drug design
- A cheminformatician with experience in computer-aided drug discovery workflows
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing drug discovery research
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who manages his/her own time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective life science customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research and provide best practices for modeling automation to our customers
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Account Managers and the Marketing team to improve business strategies
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, computational biology, or a related field
- Experience in one of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Python programming experience
- At least one year of post-doctoral/industry experience is preferred
- Medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of the commercial drug discovery process are pluses!
- Willingness to travel
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.