Scientist - Analytical Chemistry
Regeneron Pharmaceutical’s Analytical Chemistry Group, located at Tarrytown, NY is seeking a highly innovative and collaborative Scientist to join our group. In this role, you will work with LC-MS technologies to guide and support development and characterization of therapeutic protein drug candidates. You will utilize expertise and solid understanding of various LC-MS platforms and applications to solve analytical problems. The ideal candidate will have a background in protein mass spectrometry, strong critical thinking, passion for science, good interpersonal skills and communication ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to achieve program goals.
A Typical Day in the Role of Scientist, Analytical Chemistry Might Look Like:
- Design, execute, organize and optimally communicate analytical characterization of biotherapeutics, including monoclonal antibodies, bispecifics, Fc-fusion proteins, and other modalities (adeno-associated virus, siRNA, etc.) to support drug development.
- Lead and deliver on characterization activities to elucidate and resolve product quality attributes, risk assessment and control strategies, including PTMs, Sequence Variants, and product and process related impurities i.e. charge variants, size variants, etc., to address emerging challenges.
- Provide in a collaborative manner analytical guidance and support for formulation development, upstream and downstream functional groups, manufacturing to solve real-time development issues in the process development and OOT/OOS investigations.
- Proactively identify and drive technical innovations that will contribute to future developmental needs, improvements in group efficiency gain.
- Present work at internal and external meetings; prepare and review development reports, memos, and regulatory submission documents in CMC (e.g., IND, IMPD, BLA, MAA, comparability and other study reports.) and peer-reviewed articles for publications.
- Serve as a team representative and provide the knowledge and expertise of analytics to cross-functional teams.
This Job Might Be for You If:
- You have an excellent problem-solving demeanor
- You thrive in a creative, flexible team environment
- You are highly self-motivated, with the ability to own, coordinate and lead multiple projects in a timely manner
This role requires a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, or closely related field with 0-4 years of industry experience, and proven record of publications in the field of protein mass spectrometry is a plus. Experience in bottom-up proteomics is highly preferred. Strong experience in mass spectrometry, chromatographic separation, equipment platforms (e.g., Thermo, Waters, Bruker, Sciex, and Agilent, etc.) and data processing software (e.g., Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, Protein Metrics, MaxQuant, etc.) are desired. Those that are thorough, diligent, and highly organized with strong time-management skills are preferred. A strong collaborator with teams and external partners is desired. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.