R&D Automation Engineer
We are looking for a motivated R&D Automation Associate to join the Automation Technologies group. You will be responsible for development, validation and implementation of automated laboratory devices and integrated systems. In addition, this will include programming new methods, updating existing methods, software, driver and system development and the creation of custom 3D printed parts and devices to support automation initiatives.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Programs liquid handlers and supporting devices
• Implement modifications/updates to established procedures and protocols
• Performs activities related to design, commissioning, performance improvement, and troubleshooting of automated laboratory technologies
• Provides technical and automation operational support to Research and Development facilities
• Implements software/hardware changes and upgrades, understands impact of actions to R&D
• Develop custom software and drivers for automated systems and devices
• Design, model, and 3D print custom parts, labware, and fixtures to support R&D
This role may be for you if you:
• Are interested in working with scientists to develop novel approaches through automation
• Are able to train users to operate new equipment and extend an ongoing support
• Can troubleshoot and demonstrate knowledge of instrumentation and controls
To be considered for this role, you must have a B.S or M.S. in a science related field with relevant automation experience. We need someone with programming experience with automated liquid handlers such as Hamilton STAR, Tecan Fluent, Beckman Coulter Biomek, HighRes Prime. Integration programming language experience such as HighRes Cellario, PAA Overlord, BioSero Green Button Go or RetiSoft Genera. You should have programming experience in C#, C+, Python, Java, 3D Modeling and 3D Printing/Fabrication experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.