- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- Start date
- Nov 22, 2021
- Science/R&D, Biostatistics
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
The Biostatistics and Data Management group is looking for a Manager, Biostatistics to support exploratory statistical analyses within Global Clinical Development. This a position with high visibility for a qualified statistician to collaborate in cross-functional drug development teams to develop and execute innovative statistical analyses of clinical trial and related data. The incumbent will work with teams from all phases of development as well as new therapeutic areas.
- Work with cross-functional teams to articulate drug development questions, frame statistical approaches to address those questions, and analyze the resulting data, primarily focused on supporting development strategy across all therapeutic areas and phases of development, from preclinical through post-marketing.
- Take initiative on statistical thinking for all aspects of the exploratory analyses, including identification of the scientific questions, identification of data sets to support the questions, development of statistical plans, and interpretation and communication of the results
- The incumbent will provide strategic input and leadership on statistical methods, analyses and interpretation of large and complex data sets from clinical trials in various disease areas and stages.
- Identify and apply novel analysis/modeling techniques for interpreting clinical data and enhancing tools for decision making in development programs that span therapeutic areas, from early clinical to completed phase 3 clinical trials.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clinical scientists, therapeutic biostatisticians, and external collaborators to drive program strategies and decisions. Proactively seek inputs from other experts within and outside the group on various projects and research activities, and share technical information when appropriate.
- Maintain and expand expertise in various computing tools to leverage internal and external data sets to drive decisions. Examples of such tools include R, R/Shiny, WinBUGS, JAGS, SAS, EAST, nQuery, etc.
- Develop innovative statistics methodologies or clinical trial designs for drug discovery, present at management and team meetings, co-author publications and influence the external pharmaceutical industry and regulatory environment through participation in professional associations, conferences, and publications.
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies and computational statistics. The ideal candidate will have an experience in statistical computing, modeling and simulation, linear and nonlinear models, and model-informed drug development
- Familiarity with data mining or machine learning algorithm preferred.
- Expertise in software for statistics or data science, such as R, Matlab, Python, or SAS, is required. Familiarity with high performance computing is preferred.
- Ability to translate scientific questions into statistical hypotheses and analyses.
- Must be able to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment, with demonstrated critical thinking skills, and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent influence and leadership skills, with a track record of collaboration with scientists and researchers at Principal Biostatistician level.
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert