Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
Regeneron Pharmaceutical’s Analytical Chemistry Group is seeking an innovative and collaborative Scientist to join our group. In this role, you will work with LC-MS technologies to guide and support development and characterization of therapeutic protein drug candidates. You will utilize expertise and solid understanding of various LC-MS platforms and applications to solve analytical problems. The ideal candidate will have a robust background in mass spectrometry-based protein analysis, strong critical thinking skills, a passion for science, and effective interpersonal and communication skills to work productively in cross-functional teams and achieve program goals.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE ROLE OF A SCIENTIST IN ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
• Design, execute, and effectively communicate analytical characterization of biotherapeutics, including monoclonal and bispecific antibodies, Fc-fusion proteins, and other modalities (adeno-associated virus, siRNA, etc.) to support drug development.
• Lead and deliver on characterization activities to elucidate product quality attributes like post-translational modifications, sequence variants, charge variants, size variants, and host cell proteins.
• Form and maintain inter-departmental collaborations to solve any potential drug development issues.
• Proactively identify opportunities to advance LC-MS analysis of biotherapeutics by developing technical innovations that will contribute to future developmental needs and/or efficiency gains.
• Document experiments, results, and findings in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) entries.
• Present results during internal and external meetings.
• Prepare and review regulatory submission documents like IND, comparability, and BLA reports, as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Serve as a team representative and provide analytical knowledge and expertise to cross-functional teams.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
• You are a critical-thinker and excel at identifying and solving problems.
• You thrive in creative and flexible team environments.
• You are self-motivated and can lead and coordinate multiple projects in a timely manner.
This role requires a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a closely related field, with 0-4 years of industry experience and a record of publications involving mass spectrometry-based analysis of proteins. Experience in proteomics is preferred. Extensive experience with advanced mass spectrometers (Q-TOF, Orbitrap, Q-Exactive, Triple Quadrupole, etc.), liquid chromatographs, and data processing software (Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, Protein Metrics, MaxQuant, etc.) is desired. To be successful in this role, candidates must be thorough, diligent, highly efficient, and capable of collaborating within a team and with external partners. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also essential to this position.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers, and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.