Associate Director, Clinical Publications Writer
As an Associate Director, Publications Writer you will assist our authors in the writing and development of our scientific, clinical, and health-outcomes publications (journal articles, scientific conference presentations). You will provide medical writing expertise for our products/therapeutic areas. You will be communicating our scientific narratives in alignment with publication strategy, interpret statistical analyses, and ensure the readability and scientific content of medical communications.
A typical day may include:
- Interfacing cross-functionally and with alliance-wide publications teams to ensure effective implementation of the writing process. Assuming responsibility for accurate documentation, working with all publications-related partners, including senior scientists and authors, in all phases of publication development
- Coordinating efforts with publication management lead(s)/vendor agency to ensure completion of tasks required from project initiation through final publication/presentation.
- Providing accurate, objective, and balanced information to the scientific community, health care professionals, regulatory authorities, pharmacy benefit managers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle.
- Writing and editing the content of scientific, clinical and health-outcomes abstracts, posters, presentations, digital enhancements, and manuscripts aligned with scientific narrative and objectives. Responsible for incorporation of author/reviewer feedback and comment resolution.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of publication reviews, quality checks, approvals, submissions, copy editing, page proof review, and production in collaboration with the publication lead(s)/vendor agency/alliance partner
- Working with the publication managers to track publication development as well as post-publication metrics, providing reports as required.
- Adhering to standardized publication processes and guidance documents.
- Maintains current awareness of publication guidances and best practices (such as ICJME, GPP3, CONSORT, etc.), US Sunshine Act reporting, and company policies.
- Understands the publication landscape (journals, congresses, readership, audience, etc.) for the assigned therapeutic areas.
- Learns and continually acquires therapeutic area and product knowledge and applies such expertise to publication projects, including literature searches.
This may be for you if:
- Have experience writing manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors
- Have strong project management skills and can attain results with senior leadersUnderstanding of GPP3, ICMJE, and other publication/scientific communication guidelines
- Proficient in medical journal/medical writing search engines.
To be considered for this you must have a Master’s degree in a life science with a PhD being preferred. Your experience should include 5+ years of scientific and clinical writing of journal articles from a biopharma company and/or medical publications agency. Strong scientific background, with ability to understand complex research data and clinical trial results and health-outcomes research, and firm familiarity with clinical study design and statistics. You experience will include writing and critical review of abstracts, presentations, manuscripts. Publications management experience is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.