Director, Consumer - Email Product
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Consumer Email Product is a member of the US CA&O Customer Experience (CX) team and will be responsible for playing an integral part of the CX Consumer team to drive strategy and delivery of email projects across all US consumer commercial brands utilizing AbbVie’s Digital Marketing Platform.
The Director, Email Product has responsibility to lead a team of Email Product specialists who are dedicated to key franchise groups. This team is responsible for managing consumer brand team email initiatives, coordinating across cross-functional team members, technology teams and agency partners to align and execute on email campaigns. This leadership role will drive the tactical execution of the campaign roadmap through its entire life cycle to increase performance and engagement results for brands CRM campaigns. In addition, this role will lead the strategic pull through to ensure CRM initiatives driving exceptional leading platform capabilities, training and support to end users, optimizing and defining the most efficient processes and guiding and leading inhousing of resources and work efforts.
This role will provide leadership and support for prospect and patient marketing initiatives leading:
- Exceptional account support and client services support to brands in managing their end-to-end strategic requirements and campaigns
- CRM/Digital channel subject matter expertise and setting in place and optimizing for best-in-class operations with fast, efficient project velocity from start to finish
- Close coordination with stakeholders leading the SMS capabilities in place and driving forward prospect marketing needs for SMS and Email campaigns
- Deep SME of CRM and close coordination with CRM operations team members leading compliance and database integration
- Pull through of cost reduction opportunities to enable brands to better manage routine vs. strategy CRM needs
- Evolving the consumer marketing automation platform with new capability rollout, establishing ways of working, best practices, foundational set up, operating models and implementing prioritized use cases
- Delivering consistent enterprise usable standard ways of working, including CRM delivery frameworks and tools for use
- Working with CRM Operations leadership – to ensure compliance needs, industry impacts to marketing programs and vendor management are supported
- Drive optimal performance of team dedicated across franchise with consistent, scalable and efficient activation and implementation of campaigns on AbbVie’s Marketing automation platform.
- Leads successful delivery of email campaign delivery to drive brand awareness and patient adherence across customer segments and geographies based on strategies developed by omni—channel CX Planners leveraging these modern platforms.
- Manage strategic partnerships with vendors such as Salesforce, Epsilon, Liveramp and others to maintain a pulse of product evolution, best practices and socialize and lead the organization in awareness and action on key future state needs
- Iterates on email campaigns based on experimentation and testing
- Delivers best in class franchise support in coordinating multiple cross functional teams that are well aligned and working together against a clear alignment of roles and responsibilities
- Collaborates with CX omni channel planners to ensure email campaigns are meeting goals and benchmarks of strategy and plans
- Develops expertise across email campaign technology and audience analytics and maintains awareness of trends and tactics to drive updates to omni-channel strategy and execution plans
- Manage and optimize the campaign development process and life cycle from inception to activation
- Assist in defining product features and benefits for new and existing site functionality and support brand team as the Marketing automation product expert.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Agency partners, data and analytics and other cross functional team members to drive product launches and enhancements and ensure that value propositions, messaging, and marketing activities address unique user needs/pain points.
- Maintain a pulse of campaign operations to ensure campaigns are delivering as intended and working with the CX operations team
- Monitor the release process and prioritize the placement of new products or enhancements in a release, balancing organizational objectives, product strategy, and market needs.
- Oversee organizational project plans tied to release schedule, identifying organizational impact resulting from changes to planned timeline and provide brand Governance leadership.
- Enable new processes that create efficiency and agility and guide marketers and agencies in new ways of working.
- Deliver enterprise usable solutions that allow quick start of email campaigns and allows for teams to focus on customizing the experience as well as delivering against more robust CRM reach tactics
- User advocate- understands mental models and what motivates actions of the users. Sketch Artist- ability to accurately convey his or her vision through creative mediums
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in a CRM or product management or equivalent role managing large, complex, CRM campaigns(s)
- Proven track record of launching successful email campaigns and consumer programs
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process
- In-depth knowledge of the product development and evaluation process. Exposure to Agile development a must.
- Experience developing business use cases and strategic planning
- Understanding and having significant experience delivering A/B and Multi-variate email test design and execution, and analytical tools
- Comprehensive experience with UX design, customer research, and user experience best practices – including the creation of detailed, annotated wireframes
- Knowledge of current marketing automation and email delivery technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- In depth knowledge and experience with commercial enterprise Marketing Automation Systems such as: Adobe Marketo, Adobe Campaign, Unica, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget, Unica or other comparable systems.
- Experience implementing CRM best practices
- Knowledge of site analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, SF Datorama and/or Google Analytics
- Requires strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to be effective managing through a highly matrixed organization
- Skills required include business acumen, organizational assessment, creativity, interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communicator and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
- Results-oriented, self-starter with passion for user experience, technology and digital transformation
- A strategic mindset that allows you to prioritize projects, launches, and features, and balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or another highly-regulated industry preferred, but may not be required for a candidate with an exceptional track record of success in planning & implementing multichannel programs that can apply to AbbVie
- Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day-to-day supervision
- Strong presentation skills to present complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on digital marketing platforms.
- e.g. CRM, email marketing best practices, marketing cloud technology
- Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
- Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
- Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience.
- e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key AbbVie Leadership Competencies:
- Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
- Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.