Director, Program Management, Clinical Development
Fate is seeking an experienced Director, Program Management for managing the clinical development and commercialization of Fates iProduct portfolio consisting of off-the-shelf cellular immunotherapies. Adhering to Fate Therapeutics standard procedures and processes, the successful candidate will be responsible for owning and achieving interim and final deliverables to support the clinical development life cycle according to timelines and corporate objectives. This individual will in part direct cross- functional teams to accomplish various tasks, proactively identify, resolve/mitigate and escalate risks and/or issues, manage large and/or particularly complex, multifaceted clinical projects or programs and provide oversight to other members of the program management group. This is a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA or at our offices in South San Francisco, CA reporting to the Senior Director of Program Management.
- Maintain a high level of engagement with key stakeholders; ensure key stakeholders are part of and know what their functional responsibilities and goals are as part of clinical development strategy.
- Adeptly translate clinical development program strategies / recommendations and concepts among the teams and senior management.
- Lead cross functional innovative and rigorous program strategies, which integrate all key stakeholder perspectives.
- Have responsibility for ongoing deliverables including: senior management updates; joint strategy committee updates; program timelines; budgets and life cycle management.
- Communicate clinical program strategy decisions and decision rationale back to team members and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure deliverables that are vetted and aligned with the clinical team and senior management.
- Minimum of 10 years of related industry experience, including management responsibilities in a cross-functional environment.
- M.S. / B.S. degree, preferably in business administration and / or biological sciences.
- A blend of operational, strategic and clinical leadership experience is required.
- Knowledgeable in industry regulations and best practice in clinical development.
- Deep and rigorous interpretation of pre-clinical and clinical data; demonstrated ability to deal with scientific concepts and complexity with confidence; to identify the most critical data and use that appropriately to drive solutions.
- Proven track record in leading a program forward through development milestones and/or approval; to map out deliverables and ensure that the program(s) progress and stay on course.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future trends, technology, policies, practices and information of the relevant competitive landscape and global health authority requirements for drug approval.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, including the ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to cooperatively identify and partner with the right people across the organization to get the right information. Ability to lead cross-functional teams who do not report directly into this position.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical ability; a critical thinker who can hold his/her own and concisely and cogently report plans and outcomes to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations; to anticipate and prepare effective contingency plans and responses to questions.
- A hands-on leader with a can-do leadership approach.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Occasional travel required.
- On-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA and offices in South San Francisco, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.