Senior Project Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Project ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead or support cross-functional projects and initiatives of variable scale that design and implement solutions to benefit Global Regulatory Affairs and Strategy (GRAAS) and partner organizations.Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions to complex business problems by leading in-dept analyses, coordination, and negotiation with key decision-makers
- Lead cross-functional project teams to deliver results and attain project goals/targets
- Deliver project goals on budget and on schedule
- Develop, evaluate, and manage business case and cost/benefit analysis
- Develop and use project plans to measure and report progress
- Develop plans to support organizational change management (including training and communications)
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and sponsors regarding project progress, issues, and plans for resolution
- Prioritize workload in accordance with business goals
- Develop and share lessons learned and best practices
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Project Manager professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of Project Management experience, OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of Project Management experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certification in process improvement methodologies such as Lean/Six Sigma
- Bachelors degree in engineering, life or physical sciences; advanced degree preferred in science, engineering, or business (MBA)
- 5 years in project management or related functional experience
- 2+ years of experience as a project lead
- Proficiency in teaching or describing the benefit of project management methodology and tools
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.