Software Engineer II, Data Catalog
Cellarity's mission is to bring breakthrough medicines to patients by completely redefining the way drugs are discovered. Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017, Cellarity is designing medicines against the cell as opposed to a single molecular target. The company has developed a unique combination of expertise across network biology, high-resolution data, and machine learning to unlock new treatment options in a vast array of disease areas. Cellarity currently has drug discovery programs underway in metabolic disease, hematology, immuno-oncology and respiratory disease. The company has raised $123 million as part of a Series B funding round with contributions from funds and accounts managed by Blackrock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet on behalf of their clients, and eight other investors alongside Flagship Pioneering. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Position Summary & Context:
The Cellarity software team supports our data and machine learning driven drug discovery paradigm. This includes management (security, transfer, access) and visualization of data from a wide range of data types from genomics, including NGS and other technologies that are used to drive downstream experimental analyses. Cellarity’s biologists, chemists and computational scientists look to us as partners who manage and present the data on their behalf in an efficient and flexible manner. To do this we need a team that can build the right tools to support the cutting-edge science at Cellarity.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain production-quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests and regular user demonstrations
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the product team, the software team, and users including wet lab scientists, computational biologists and machine learning scientists
- 4+ years’ experience developing software in industry or industry-style setting with strong code quality standards
- Strong Python programming skills, good experience with Python testing and packaging infrastructure
- Extensive experience with databases and database schema design
- Experience working in a team of developers rather than as a solo developer, 2+ years required
- Experience with Agile programming principles and working in product teams strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in communicating and working effectively with users/customers as well as with internal software and data science teams, external IT contractors and members of other functional teams