We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join a dynamic Collaboration Accounting team, with high focus on accounting for our revenue generating collaboration agreements. You will prepare accounting analyses/schedules, analyze information and ensures proper accounting treatment of transactions, specifically relating to revenue recognition and accruals. The role works with other departments, including Finance, and accounting staff to gather information necessary for accurate accounting and invoicing to the collaborators. Ensures that all internal control policies and procedures are followed.
In this role, a typical day might include the following
- Understand complex collaboration agreements, including, but not limited to, calculations for revenue recognition and review
- High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required. Experience with financial applications is preferred of the related accounts receivable
- Responsible for journalizing and preparing revenue reconciliations
- Responsible for quarterly reconciliation of accounts receivable with Finance
- Responsible for compilation/submission of invoices for billings to collaborators
- Responsible for preparing various R&D and SG&A expense schedules, and the related balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Work directly with Finance to ensure completeness and accuracy of accruals and re-classes
- Perform fluctuation analyses and prepare responses for Management
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with detailed Accounting Policies and Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supports internal and external audit with requests, as needed
- Provide assistance to other departments within the organization with any specific requests or initiatives
To be considered for this opportunity you need a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting combined with 2+ years of public accounting or corporate accounting experience within a public company (CPA/CIA track preferred). High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required and knowledge of Oracle is a plus. We need someone who can apply their general understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and SEC rules and regulations into all accounting and financial tasks. Understanding of the PCAOB and its related SOX implications. You will have strong organizational abilities, attention to detail and accuracy are critical to be successful in this opportunity.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.