Human Genetics Market Development Lead, EMEA
Human Genetics Market Development Lead, EMEA
PacBio's highly accurate, long read sequencing technology is changing the game in human genetics, opening a new era of discovery and translational research for all germline applications. The Human Genetics Market Development Lead for EMEA will be responsible for building and executing a market development plan to grow PacBio's presence across the region. Specific focus will be to partner deeply with EMEA thought leaders to demonstrate the value and superiority of PacBio technology in answering key translational and clinical questions in human genetics. This person will support the local team in building and driving pilot studies at high profile institutions, to establish PacBio as a consultative partner and to build evidence that HiFi is the gold standard for genomic insights. This person will also be responsible for building and maintaining a multi-year market model and financial projections for this market segment in EMEA and supporting segment marketing in the development of positioning and collateral development.
- Champion of EMEA human (germline) genetics market within PacBio to inform product development and other investments
- Be the external face of PacBio for this market segment in EMEA
- Develop white papers and other position/strategy pieces to address the different agendas of players in segment and influence key stakeholders
- Partner with global segment leads to develop and execute detailed market development plans for EMEA markets
- Deeply partner with local commercial leads to guide strategy and execution – lead through influence
- Develop and maintain EMEA market model for human genetics, 1-3 year revenue impact models
- Ensure continual updates on programs and relevant market dynamics in EMEA are delivered to other internal stakeholders, including C-suite of PacBio
- Identify and help to assess partnership opportunities relevant to removing barriers and accelerating the adoption of PacBio's technology in human applications in EMEA
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Build business plans for large-scale opportunities in EMEA that include PacBio's full product portfolio in collaboration with local commercial team that include opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful adoption
- Consult product marketing and product development on product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Support marketing programs initiatives to drive awareness, demand
- Train local commercial teams on vision, strategy and messaging, including the use of any relevant sales tools or collateral
- Organize KOL and market influencing events in region
- Collaborate with KOLs, local commercial leaders and the applications lab scientists to build proof of principle studies where needed to influence programs in EMEA
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field
- Deep knowledge of or direct experience in human genetics, spanning basic research to translational in rare disease and other inherited disorders, and complex disease
- Knowledge of genomics technologies, data trends in healthcare and relevant market dynamics required
- Analytical and strategic oriented mindset
- Advanced degree (PhD, MBA, MD, etc.) desirable, but not required.
- Ability to engage in consultative debate with KOLs and knowledge of the latest literature; ability to translate publications to compelling proof points
- Ability to design and advise on study design to create market-moving evidence
- Proven ability to influence and partner with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must have an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 50% (dependent on local regulation and COVID-19 guidelines)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.