Talent Acquisition Sourcer, Life Sciences
TALENT ACQUISITION SOURCER, LIFE SCIENCES
About the Role
Freenome is undergoing a hyper growth period as we begin to scale in preparation for commercialization, as well as market launch of our blood-based, early stage cancer diagnostics test.
At Freenome, our Talent Sourcers play an essential role in supporting our rapidly growing teams by partnering strategically with our Talent Partners and Hiring stakeholders to support passive talent top-of-funnel activities. You will design and execute on the research and engagement strategy for some of our most senior and high profile science searches. You will build and execute sourcing strategies to identify and attract diverse talent across our Research and Development teams.
You will bring operational excellence around competitive intelligence for critical current and future hiring needs, enabling business partners to make strategic and impactful talent decisions.
If you have ever known anyone who was diagnosed with cancer a little too late, you may appreciate our incredible passion for, and commitment to Freenome’s Mission and Vision. Join our exceptional, growing team!
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition Partners, Hiring Manager stakeholders and Sourcing peers to deliver top of the funnel passive talent for Freenome’s most mission-critical scientific roles
- Craft and execute innovative, rigorous market research & sourcing methods to build robust, diverse passive talent pipelines for niche, hard to fill specialized technical roles
- Expertise utilizing creative sourcing/boolean techniques to identify passive candidates through various channels and sourcing methodologies, including LinkedIn Recruiter, HireTual, CRM, social networks, and professional organizations
- Develop progressive talent identification and sourcing strategies
- Deliver market intelligence for multiple projects simultaneously, guide information and system infrastructure
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers and translate position profiles and technical requirements to develop creative sourcing strategies and campaigns to target ideal candidate profiles
- Provide leadership with accurate reports regarding sourcing team metrics, sourcing data and strategies
- Identify, attract, and phone screen high-quality candidates for enterprise-wide openings, including Scientists, Research Associates, Clinical Laboratory, Laboratory Operations, and Scientific Leadership
- Provide regular updates on recruitment status, market trends, and the landscape on the competitive market
- Drive and report on recruiting priorities
- Develop robust candidate pipelines for ongoing and future openings
- Maintain relationships with passive candidates for future openings
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a fast-paced scientific or technical environment
- 7+ years’ experience as a sourcer and/or recruiter in an agency or in-house corporate environment working on multiple technical scientific roles
- Experience with multiple sourcing methodologies and tools, including Boolean logic and LinkedInRecruiter
- Experience researching, data mining and finding unique ways to identify potential candidates
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.