Genomics Data Science Lead
We’re seeking a Genomics Data Science Lead to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Our company aims to revolutionize drug design through the use of breakthrough computational methods. Schrödinger’s powerful platform is transforming the discovery of novel therapeutics, and we’re developing a strong preclinical pipeline and portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, immunology and neurology.
As a member of our Discovery Data Team you’ll, drive maximized data utility through data warehousing, data curation, and data visualization across a variety of team. Through integrating large-scale public and internal data resources, you’ll promote data democratization and governance throughout the full discovery operation
Who will love this job:
- A capable collaborator who enjoys working with people of diverse backgrounds and experience
- A motivated data scientist who enjoys the challenges in managing and visualizing *omic big-data to empower data-driven decision making in research works
- A passionate data scientist who wants to work with a group of similarly-minded colleagues to make a difference in delivering innovative medicines
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Spearhead the development and execution of data science strategy to support genomic and genetic data management, data analysis, and data visualization in preclinical and clinical space
- Lead internal team and external collaborators to automate business processes around data acquisition and ingestion.
- Work with data architects and scientists to design and build software solutions to facilitate data access and analysis, especially NGS datasets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Computational Biology, Enterprise Informatics, and IT to directly understand scientific needs and integrate data into a cohesive landscape
- Mentor junior data scientists in genomic-specific data curation best practises
What you should have:
- A PhD in Data Science, bioinformatics, or a related field, or an MS with at least six years of relevant working experience (previous working experience in the drug development industry is preferred)
- Working understanding of the complexity of genomic data structure and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in working with a wide range of R&D data in preclinical, translational, biomarker studies (genomics, genetics, proteomics, etc.), including data curation, integration, and visualization.
- Experience with ontology dictionary development and semantic analysis in data integration and normalization is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.