Systems and Data Support Specialist
This position reports to the Sr Mgr/TL Business Systems within the Supply Chain Operations (SCO) department and provides primary manufacturing systems level support to the E2E business areas Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Finance and Procurement. Assist in troubleshooting production issues and where issues cannot be resolved by the site, assists in initiating system helpdesk requests and/or system break/fix requests.
Additional duties include master data management and maintenance, training and implementation of changes following the appropriate documentation in compliance with cGMP.
Active in reviewing current system configurations and business processes as required to drive both system and process efficiency improvements. Where SAP or system enhancements are needed, actively works with site customers, Digital Partners and core teams to develop enhancement requests. Reviews new system functionality as required and conducts training to support enhancement implementations. Leads cultural change to use SAP and core solutions owned by the Business System team as tool to make business decisions.
Works cross-functionally, partners with business users in various areas of the business to best understand the current process flow and identify areas for data quality improvements.
Understands interdependencies and ensures integration with other teams as well as interdependent projects.
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Maintains Plant Operations Material Master data by inputting data into the SAP system for new/existing products and make necessary changes to existing SAP data for current products. This master data includes, but not limited to Material Masters, Bill of Materials, Classifications, Characteristics, Classes, Resources, Control Cycles and Setup groups.
- Maintains and update APO Product Master data, APO Matrix and APO SNP PPMs as required.
- Manage, Analyze and update master data for accuracy and integrity.
- Performs System Care activities for process orders, purchase orders and APO and ECC master data- providing reports to various departments to assist in analyzing data and maintaining accuracy
- As needed creates and auto-broadcasts BI reports to cross-functional areas as business needs are identified
- Performs first line troubleshooting/investigating SAP issues- tests and troubleshoots new transactions and enhancements
- If/when appropriate make necessary corrections to the associated master data setup, with and performs checks to reduce issues.
- Performs, troubleshoots SAP access requests and provides access to necessary training.
- Escalates unresolved issues to Pfizer Digital Help Desk and works with support teams to identify and resolve.
- Monitors process order status/completion and communicates to Mfg. Operations to ensure orders are in expected status to allow timely MUV and L&O allocation.
- Participates in the development of business reporting, and provides accurate and timely information to management for business decisions.
- Develop, recommend and implement business process enhancements, as well as design and execute SAP queries as needed for data analysis, quality and governance.
- Support the implementation of local and corporate projects.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to improve effectiveness of the operations and works with the site colleagues on process to move projects through to completion.
- Ensures that technical knowledge is up to date, attends appropriate training.
- Assists with the development of standard work and business processes.
- Develops SAP Super Users with knowledge sharing and guidance.
- Builds long-term relationships with business partners and collaborates with diverse teams throughout Pfizer.
Portrays Pfizer Leader Behaviors:
Carries out work activities with limited direction. Seeks to understand the difference between high and low value-added work and strives to adjust own and team's appropriately. Negotiates work interdependencies and is responsible about meeting teammates' expectations. Work decisions take into account broader project goals and the responsibilities of others. Maintains and advocates high work standards. Shows awareness of and sensitivity to external environment.
Welcomes new members and Helps Others feel Welcome. Advocates for inclusion of others. Shares information with teammates/work partners. Works well with people who have different ideas, perspectives and cultural backgrounds. Shows empathy and understands the importance of being sensitive to others' feelings. Helps other feel welcome. Suggests functions, business units and candidates to be included in the work of the group. Anticipates and considers stakeholder interests prior to implementation attempts. Appreciates how all colleagues' perspectives and differences add value to the team.
Open Discussion and Debate:
Seeks and demonstrates understanding of comparative viewpoints, alternative ideas and approaches. Utilizes integrative (non zero-sum) conflict management skills. Solicits feedback. Responds productively when challenged.
Impact and Organizational Contribution:
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to achieve results causes serious delays in meeting departmental objectives. Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of more resources. Motivates others, generating commitment and a shared sense of purpose.
Anticipates and drives changes and suggests way for the group to work with or exploit them. Suggests ways to adapt processes and procedures to a variety of situations and changing circumstances. Asks for advice and guidance in finding ways to improve work processes.
Initiates feedback in support of the group's work. Partners with leadership and team members to support others'/own development. Freely transfers views, perspectives, knowledge. Knows own strengths and developmental needs, proactive in addressing. Clear with others about needs for support. Seeks opportunities to expand responsibilities and develop skills.
Align Across Pfizer:
Asks "Who else should know?" Comprehends differing thought systems of colleagues from other business units. Understands how own role contributes to PGS/Pfizer vision. Employs growing knowledge of the Pfizer organization to suggest and promote alliances and collaboration with other business units. In word and behavior, supports decisions arrived at after open discussion and debate. Shares innovations, ideas and best practices that may benefit others
- HS Diploma/GED with 3-5 years of experience in in SAP ECC Master Data and BI/BOBJ reporting.
- Experience in SAP APO/ECC (WM, QM, FI MFG and PP) Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel, Power point) Business Objects and SharePoint
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum of 2 years of experience in SAP ECC Master Data and BI/BOBJ reporting.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency in SAP APO/ECC (WM, QM, MFG and PP) including S4 HANA, BOBJ or BI reporting, Intercompany Operations (PO’s, FLEX, etc.)
- Microsoft Office, InfoPath Design, Business Objects, SharePoint Design and Management.
- Previous experience in Drug Product Aseptic Manufacturing, Biologic Drug Substance Manufacturing, and/or API Chemical Processing highly desired.
Physical or Mental Requirements
- Normal Office position can be remote with occasional travel to the site if /when required.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Stakeholders • Kalamazoo: DP & API Operations, Supply Chain Operations, Quality, Engineering, Process Automation, Finance and BT, Corporate/PGS: Various PGS Sites, PGE, BT.
The noise level in the work environment is usually not loud. Use of hearing and eye protection is required when in designated manufacturing environment
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 6, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package: No
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt#LI-PFE