Product Manager to manage the full lifecycle of our single cell sequencing library preparation product(s), including protocols, research-reagent kits, consumables, and software. In this important role you will be responsible for the productization, commercialization, and management of our products, working with multi-disciplinary R&D team (assay development, engineering, bioinformatics) and co-development partners and collaborators and customers to develop and mange best in class products.
- Lead product lifecycle for planned product offerings in collaboration with research, engineering, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and market development and sales,
- Establish PDP lite methodology and process centered on market and end user feedback to ensure a best-in-class customer driven product development competency,
- Establish advisory forums and external collaborations to facilitate a market and customer driven product development lifecycle methodology,
- Develop project plans and product launch timelines in collaboration with research, manufacturing, and marketing teams,
- Manage co-development and supply partnerships, contract manufacturing service providers and go-to-market or channel partners,
- Work with the Market Development team to gather, organize, and prioritize customer/market needs that become requirements for the products,
- Plan and coordinate the creation of comprehensive hardware/software requirements, assay requirements and functional specifications that feed into the development of new products,
- Establish alpha and beta early access programs to facilitate the development, validation, and optimization of planned offerings up through commercialization of these offerings,
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in developing life science tools and/or diagnostic products across research, clinical research, and translational segments,
- Education and/or expertise in the following areas: molecular biology, genomic and protein assay development, single-cell sequencing, reagent kits, consumables,
- Familiarity with droplet and well-based single cell preparation systems,
- Relevant experience in early-stage and fast paced start-up environments,
- Experience with complete and successful launches of new products; demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps,
- Experience in product development from early-stage development (innovation stage) to late-stage development (product validation),
- Strong leadership and management skills, ability to work proactively with multiple functions.
Company provides competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, 401K retirement saving plan, state of the art laboratory facilities and an exciting and innovative culture with the opportunity to do and enable great science. ScaleBio is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.