Global Publications Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Global Publications Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide leadership and expertise in execution for the cardiovascular products within the Cardiovascular and Neuroscience Therapeutic Areas (TAs).
- Close collaboration with internal and external collaborators to develop impactful publications that align with the teams strategy and communication objectives for a marketed Cardiovascular product.
- Engagement and collaboration with external authors, investigators, and study steering committee members to plan publications and discuss and plan publication content
- Effective management of external relationships with business partners (publication governance and contractual agreements)
- Management of publication development timelines and content development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts
- Ensuring compliance with Amgen publication policy and external publication guidelines
- Oversight of outsourcing budget and vendors who assist with publication content development
- Staff education and training on publications
- Some support of neuroscience publications, as needed
- Participation in strategic publication planning summits
- Ensuring publications developed with key collaborators (e.g. clinical development, global medical affairs) align with the global publication strategy
- Maintaining knowledge of published literature in relevant therapeutic areas
- Clinical support of key scientific congresses and meetings
- Support of content development for presentations that will inform medical and commercial programs
- Partnering with the Global Core Content (GCC) lead to ensure relevant publication content s incorporated into global scientific communications for the product
- Providing feedback on the output of publications gap analyses to guide publications strategy and address medical insights and identified gaps through publications
- Occasional travel required; up to 10%.
- Position can be located in Thousand Oaks, CA; Remote will also be considered for experienced candidates
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of publications planning and/or medical writing experience OR
- Masters degree & 6 years of publications planning and/or medical writing experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of publications planning and/or medical writing experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD, with 4+ years of Clinical Development/Medical Affairs/Regulatory experience in the biopharmaceutical sector, specifically publications or medical communications
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), writing, presentations, interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project management/planning skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic input to senior leadership and influence decision making, particularly on topics regarding publication planning, data dissemination, and data disclosure requirements
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Clear understanding of current publication environment, ICMJE, GPP3, and other global guidelines related to publications, scientific data communication, and transparency standards
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholder groups to enable development of robust and executable publication plans
- Experience in publication planning
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.