About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Senior Accountant you will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and perform month-end tasks, assist with SEC reporting, support ongoing tax projects, and provide other accounting support as required.
What you'll do
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis monthly, ensuring accuracy and compliance with established accounting procedures and policies
- Reconcile cash, investments, and prepaid expenses monthly
- Assist with reconciling fixed assets including evaluating purchases for fixed asset classification, determining in service dates, and asset life
- Create purchase orders and new vendors in the ERP system
- Assist with the preparation of footnotes in our 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Provide support for ongoing tax projects, including documentation and analysis
- Perform ERP testing to support quarterly system upgrades
- Other items as assigned
What we're looking for
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5 years of related experience in journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, and overall knowledge of accounting
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills to prioritize and coordinate workload independently
- Ability to work both collaboratively and as part of a team
- Is flexible and adaptable - proven ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.