Ontology, Taxonomy Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Ontology, Taxonomy AnalystLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help to develop and manage scalable taxonomies, ontologies, and other structured data across the Enterprise. You will also help to advance and promote the use of reference data, partnering with business Subject Mater Experts on creation of vocabularies, taxonomies and ontologies.
- Work with SMEs to model and develop vocabularies, taxonomies, and ontologies
- Ensure our ontologies provide comprehensive domain coverage that are available for both human and machine ingestion and inference
- Support day-to-day operations for ongoing taxonomy governance
- Deliver towards the roadmap for semantic technologies to advance the reference data (controlled vocabulary management) platform
- Develop and maintain semantically modeled concepts
- Identify and address conceptual gaps in both content and ontologies
- Partner with product teams to help them demonstrate controlled vocabularies
- Own business requirements related to taxonomy and ontology tools
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The ontology professional we seek is a taxonomy analyst with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree with experience in Library Science, Information Systems or LinguisticsOr
Masters degree and 3 years of experience in Library Science, Information Systems or LinguisticsOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in Library Science, Information Systems, LinguisticsOr
Associate degree and 10 years of experience in Library Science, Information Systems or LinguisticsOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in Library Science, Information Systems or LinguisticsPreferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of controlled vocabularies (ontologies, taxonomies, vocabularies) and content classification
- Experience in ontology development using Semaphore or Topbraid or a similar tool
- Experience doing document classification leveraging taxonomies and using a classification tool such as Semaphore
- Hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Hands on experience writing SPARQL queries on graph data
- Experience using cloud services such as AWS or Azure or GCP
- Experience working in Product Teams environment
- Clinical and pharmaceutical experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.