Sr. Manager/Assoc Dir, Clinical Data Management
- Avidity Biosciences
- San Diego, California
- Start date
- Nov 17, 2021
- Clinical, Clinical Data, Clinical Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.Job Summary
Reporting to the Head of Data Management, the Senior Manager/Associate Director, Clinical Data Management will be responsible for daily data management tasks for all phases of clinical trials including CRO/vendor oversight and support other functional areas such as clinical operations, statistical programming and biostatistics. The Senior Manager/Associate Director*, Data Management will ensure the accuracy, consistency, completeness, and high quality of the clinical database. The role will work closely with cross-functional teams on the clinical development program, health authority submissions, presentations, and publications across internal and external stakeholders.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead clinical data management oversight of outsourced clinical trials for Avidity clinical trials including project management, vendor management, coordination of internal reviews, and approval of day-to-day data management deliverables
• Set up data management vendors as required, including authoring of RFPs, reviewing and negotiating data management budgets and contracts, and liaising with study management CRO to ensure site training and timely initiation
• Provide direction and guidance to team members, including consultants and vendors, as well as other functional groups in Data Management area, to achieve/meet corporate goals and milestones
• Oversee database design and post-production updates, ensuring that CROs, vendors, and internal staff meet the highest quality standards per the latest industry standard and regulatory authority requirements
• Responsible for user acceptance testing, from authoring test plans to executing test scripts
• Oversee data management activities to maintain consistency across trials; including development and implementation of data collection/review tools, data management documents, data flow metrics, and driving data snapshot/closeout activities
• Proactively identifies risks and execute risk mitigation strategies; Maintains timely communication with both upper management and cross-functional teams
• Oversees CRO/Vendor activities to ensure GCP compliance, Avidity quality expectations are met and timelines are adhered to
• Contribute to process development with focus on efficient, streamlined procedures
• Contribute to program deliverable timeline creation and project re-forecasting
• Support data management activities for regulatory submissions
• Performs additional duties as assigned
To perform this role successfully, an incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
• BS degree in life science or related field with minimum of 7+ years (10+ for Associate Director) of CDM experience in CRO, biotech or pharmaceutical industry; 5+ years' hands-on data management experience
• Experience leading clinical studies from study start up to database lock and managing multiple programs, and/or multiple studies within a program
• Strong vendor oversight experience
• Experience managing and collaborating with multiple external data providers such as ePRO, central lab, specialty lab and central readers
• Experience working with eTMF systems and inspection readiness activities
• Understanding the principles of clinical research, ICH GCP (Good Clinical Practice), 21 CFR part 11, GCDMP (Good Clinical Data Management Practices) and related regulatory requirements
• Expertise with CDISC standards, including CDASH and SDTM; Working knowledge of SAS or SQL preferred
• Proficiency with Medidata Rave EDC, Clinical Data Repositories and Visualization software
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook and Sharepoint
• Ability to use a combination of Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems and/or other internal or commercial software tools and proven ability to learn and apply new software quickly as projects require
• Experience in neuromuscular diseases or rare diseases preferred
• Regulatory submission, audit experience preferred
• Ability to work well in a team environment both as a leader and a contributor.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) across all organizational levels
• Collaborative, respectful, agile and transparent work style
Avidity is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on employee vaccinations. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 may be required in the future. Avidity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.
Our vision is to profoundly improve people’s lives by revolutionizing the delivery of RNA therapeutics. We’re utilizing our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer, and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) with the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to redefine RNA therapeutics and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are delivering on this vision by investing in our platform, our pipeline and our people.
Our commitment to rigorous and innovative science is matched only by our passion to see patients’ lives changed. We consistently challenge ourselves to Be AVID – Agile, Visionary, Integrated and Diverse.
We are assembling a diverse team experienced in rare disease and RNA therapies. Our team members bring expertise in research, development and commercial execution. We are focused on cultivating the right team to not only grow the company, but also to reflect the communities we serve. We are dedicated to employing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of the organization to not only ensure that different backgrounds and perspectives are being heard and acted upon, but that our employees also feel understood, accepted and valued.
10578 Science Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert