Product Manager - Bioprocessing
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary The Product Manager, Bioprocessing will be responsible for MaxCyte's electroporation solutions serving the Bioprocessing market. In addition to managing the portfolio, he/she will lead new product initiatives and development of the product roadmap, including the hardware and software. This role requires the ability to lead product improvement programs, product launches and external collaborations (beta testers, partners/collaborators, and end-users). The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
• Manage full product life cycle of the electroporation product line (instrumentation and software).
• Conduct and report on VOCs (Voice of Customer) and leverage market research, data analytics, competitive trends to steer new product development and enhancements to current products.
• Work with the cross functional Core team for NPD to translate customer driven design goals into requirements and specifications to deliver products that achieve financial projections.
• Provide leadership on the Core Team to ensure that the product development process and associated deliverables and timelines remain customer and market focused.
• Prioritize development activities with engineering team, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, and work closely with QA on acceptance testing.
• Research and make recommendations for feature / design choice or trade-offs, discontinuation, or obsolescence, throughout the management of the product life cycle.
• Partner with marketing communication in creating compelling campaigns that gain engagement from customers as well as traction with the sales channels in order to deliver portfolio sales goals
• Manage external and internal collaborations
• Gain management approval by presenting detailed tactical plans prior to implementation of programs
• Effectively lead and drive the Stage Gate Process within Product Development and ensure adherence to the Design Control process.
• Lead all aspects of tactical implementation, including timelines, promotional materials, and training of internal stakeholders and field sales professionals.
• Develop and foster relationships with key opinion leaders to understand customer challenges and find innovative solutions.
• Produce and distribute reports and presentation materials.
• Prepare and present project information at internal and external meetings.
• 10 % Travel required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in biology or related life science degree, master's degree preferred
• 5+ years of product management experience (from development through launch) in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• 5+ years of project management experience
• Bioprocessing or Cell & Gene Therapy experience a plus
• Demonstrated understanding of the core principles of marketing, including VOC and market research, and how to best apply them to the life science market
• Demonstrated proficiency with project management tools like MS Project or Wrike.
• Knowledge of the Stage Gate process within Design Control is critical
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, interact with, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
• Demonstrated ability to work with KOLs and derive messages
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and agencies simultaneously
• Ability to work with minimal direction
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Product Manager in the subject line.