Supply Chain Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world!
- Collaborate with supply chain operations team responsible for supply planning/scheduling, raw material procurement, master data management, and inventory management in compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures.
- Adapting and thriving in a changing environment while building and structuring high-performing cross-functional processes and systems
- Manage a high-volume portfolio of projects simultaneously while consistently delivering high quality results.
- Responsible for identification, analysis, valuation and execution of new system and process enhancements
- Drives Innovation, Operational Excellence, project management and change management in the organization
- Defines, measures and reports key performance indicators for assigned projects, enabling teams and functions to measure and improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Influences decision making through a fact-based approach to ensure business partners meet the financial and operational objectives. Present recommendations to Senior Management and drive decisions.
- Implementing standard methodologies and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability.
- Applies benchmarking strategies to ensure Amgen's SC stays current with peers in the industry. Also enables sharing of knowledge and standard methodologies in the across the organization.
- Develops the production scenarios and capacity models to support operations and forward-looking pivotal initiatives.
- Represents Thousand Oaks site on global networks as a subject matter specialist
- Partner with business and technical professionals to define processes, procedures and standard methodologies for development, maintenance and enhancement of data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse key partners to identify business requirements and provide guidance on the best approaches to translating into efficient tools.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The vital attribute professional we seek will have these qualifications.
- Doctorate Degree Or
- Masters Degree & 2 years of directly related experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree & 4 years of work experience Or
- Associate's degree and 10 years of experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- 7+ years of experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry including leadership roles
- Advanced degree in Business, Science, or Engineering
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and influence decision-making.
- Ability to communicate vertically and horizontally through multiple channels, use cross-functional network to complete goals. Motivate teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of drug development, commercialization and operations planning
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, supply chain fundamentals and risk management
- Good discernment, high-level critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure, pragmatically scope, and solve abstract and complex problems
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to drive decisions
- Proven leadership skills, organizational and project management experience
- Exhibits ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Capable of operating under pressure situations
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.