Research Associate (temp)- Akassoglou Lab
The Akassoglou Lab at The Gladstone Institutes is seeking a skilled temporary research associate to join our group. The candidate will be a critical member of our team that will assist in a variety of projects focusing on the study of mechanisms and development of treatments for neurological diseases. The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about working with cutting edge technologies to study various neurological disease models. The position involves:
- Managing animal colonies including breeding, genotyping, and complex crosses to obtain cell-specific knock out mice and fluorescent reporter mice.
- Preparing brain and spinal cord samples for histology including tissue dissection, animal perfusion, cryosectioning, immunohistochemistry, and microscopy.
- Quantification of microscopy imaging data using ImageJ
- Coordinate work with Core facilities including Behavioral, Genomics, and Microscopy Cores.
- Assist in animal surgeries and immunizations with the goal to be trained to perform independently.
- Preparation of data and methodology for reports and publications with the possibility for co-authorship when appropriate.
- A BS or MS in life sciences.
- One or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with students, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize effectively and work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks routinely (ELISA, genotyping, etc).
- Passion to learn new techniques and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Exceptional equipment use, record-keeping, and protocol habits.
- Professionalism and strong work-ethic.
- Outstanding organizational and managerial skills.
- Computer literacy with particular experience with spreadsheets and databases.
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.