Senior Scientist – Protein Purification
The successful candidate will join a team of scientists focused in protein purification (chromatography), protein characterization, analytics, and method development to analyze recombinant proteins during various stages of cell line development, process development and scale up. We are seeking an innovative, independent and motivated professional with experience in development of purification methods and analytical methods.
- Protein purification: Develop 1-3 column custom purification process to purify proteins produced from mammalian cells (i.e: mAbs, Fabs, Fc-fusions, bi-specifics, extracellular proteins, etc).
- Unit operations: Develop bench scale purification techniques including harvesting, filtration, chromatography (SEC, ProA, CEX, AEX, HIC, IMAC, Mixed modes), UF/DF.
- Analytics (Preferred): Carry out assays of process intermediate samples like Protein A HPLC for titer, RP-HPLC, SEC HPLC, CEX HPLC, N-Glycan analysis, SDS-PAGE, etc.
- Manufacturing (Preferred): Scale-up chromatographic processes and other unit operations developed at bench-scale for pilot scale purification to support manufacturing operations.
- Maintenance: Maintain purification and analytic equipment such as HPLC and FPLC regular maintenance (i.e: initiate cleaning procedures between system change overs).
- Technical expertise: Exercise judgment within defined practices and policies to determine appropriate action and understand technical literature for troubleshooting. Ability to solve routine scientific problems with deductive reasoning. Scientific understanding of the industry and a general knowledge of the products and technologies needed to develop processes.
- Data maintenance and interpretation: Collects and compiles data and records in laboratory notebooks, ensuring they are consistently updated, audited, and well maintained. Maintains batch records and working templates for raw data and writes SOPs regularly. Candidate should be able to write documents to support tech transfer, detailing how to replicate processes and methods developed by candidate.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing, Bioscience or a related field plus 3+ years of industry experience
- Protein purification: hands-on experience with FPLC (and analytical HPLC is desired).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to lift, carry ~50 pounds and work in a biosafety cabinet.
- Ability and desire to be a good team-player and work collaboratively with other departments.