PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Account Director, Managed Markets builds relationships, and differentiates Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharmaceuticals products in the marketplace, with targeted customer accounts that influence patient access and care. Will maintain a blend of National Accounts (Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), etc.) and the affiliated National Account client payer organizations. Develops productive relationships and maintains contact with key account personnel, including C-suite executives and department heads (Pharmacy/Medical Directors, Formulary/Trade Managers, etc.). Account activities include, but are not limited to, positioning and negotiating profitable rebate agreements to minimize access barriers for Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharmaceuticals products, integrating overall brand and corporate awareness across customer organizations. This is a remote position.
Internally, this position has the responsibility of informing all appropriate personnel of any access changes or updates in formulary status within targeted accounts. Key collaboration partners include the entire Managed Markets Team, Commercial Operations & Strategic Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Legal & Compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of targeted disease states and their impact on patients, institutions, MCOs/PBMs and healthcare providers. Can discuss product placement in the treatment continuum as well as appropriate utilization and treatment guidelines.
- Drives brand vision and sales efforts for managed care market accounts developing a strategic marketing business plan in alignment with divisional and company goals and objectives.
- Understands and effectively communicates appropriate clinical data to peers, stakeholders, influencers and customer decision makers.
- Identifies and builds a broad network of key stakeholders and decision makers at all levels, including C-suite, within customer account(s) in order to develop and sustain impactful business-relevant relationships.
- Analyzes and understands market dynamics in the evolving healthcare and regulatory environment and uses approved information to anticipate and communicate the impact of changes on the market with internal/external stakeholders.
- Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of the inter-connectivity of business segments/channels within account(s) to identify business opportunities.
- Utilizes financial and business acumen to negotiate contract terms and conditions in a mutually beneficial and compliant manner.
- Delivers impactful and compliant presentations tailored to the audience and influences key external decision makers and influencers.
- Utilizes knowledge of the business and products to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers communicating frequently and representing Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharmaceuticals as a strong leader in the field.
- Secures formulary drug status at target MCOs/PBMs and reduces access issues.
- Develops formulary access pull through tactics and targeted uptake, where appropriate.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to exchange information, provide updates on account programs and initiatives, develops and executes business plans and ensures alignment with internal teams.
- Continually assesses contract performance and demonstrates a strong understanding of pricing implications and downstream impact of the evolving public policy, government, regulatory landscape and other relevant trends.
- Identifies and prioritizes business opportunities based on understanding of customers and data within assigned account(s) and in alignment with market access, brand and contracting strategies
- Assesses Managed Care marketing strategies and tactical programs to assure product access, reimbursement, and market share growth.
- Performs SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analyses, where appropriate, and evaluates new contract opportunities with customers
- Coordinates with the Medical Department any clinical presentations that are requested by the customer.
- Maintains target account contracts from inception and including renewals.
- Provides regular updates to senior management regarding the status of the programs, accounts and other initiatives, alerting them as to any issues or concerns.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Participates in industry meetings, exhibits and conventions, as appropriate, to engage with customer base and strengthen relationships
- Responsible for maintaining timely and compliant administrative reporting
- As deemed appropriate, may maintain front line accountability with Fresenius Renal Pharmaceutical Rx Solutions (HUB) and field sales
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This role routinely and frequently uses a desk and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers with repetitive motion. This position requires approximately 50% to 75%travel. Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience Master Business Administration (MBA) highly preferred. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience in a Commercial or sales related function or an equivalent combination of education and experience Minimum 5 -10 years of recent MCO/PBM account management experience with demonstrated success.
- 2 - 5 years previous Field Sales Management experience also preferred.
Established relationships with National Commercial and Medicare Part-D Payers and PBM decision makers, specifically Pharmacy Directors (clinical and administrative) and Medical Directors. Results oriented, effectively sets commitments; proven track record of achieving results Effective communication skills across a variety of settings and with multiple audiences Experience building partnerships with multiple stakeholders and effective at driving collaboration to meet shared objectives Excellent working knowledge of managed markets customer segments, private and government; keeps current with trends and strategies in the marketplace to guide actions. Excellent problem solver; effectively evaluates risks and benefits of different solution options Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and market access organization decision making process. Experience successfully contracting and negotiating with MCOs and PBMs. Experience in establishing relationships within the Managed Markets MCOs and PBMs. Strong analytical skills to interpret available data in order to identify trends and growth opportunities (account, market and field insights). Excellent administrative, communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work closely with field sales organizations on account pull through and local training Requires knowledge in Apple and MS Office applications. EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.