Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Metrology Technician is responsible for providing full-time calibration support of all utilities and instruments to ensure proper measurement accuracy while adhering to applicable GXP regulations, FDA, USP and ISPE guidelines and practices. Responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled calibrations on complex manufacturing and laboratory equipment using prescribed standard operating procedures. The Metrology Technician must have experience using calibration standards, such as RTDs, Coriolis flow meters, standard solutions and pneumatic and hydraulic pressure/vacuum calibrators. Must be proficient calibrating equipment to include RTDs, pressure gauges, conductivity and pH meters, environmental monitoring systems, differential pressure transmitters, incubators, refrigerators, freezers, centrifuges, etc. Must be able to adjust and align instruments to maintain functionality and accuracy utilizing equipment manuals and manufacturer procedures. Metrology Technician shall possess a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity, as well as a positive attitude
and willingness to learn.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work unsupervised and be productive in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are required to interface effectively with customers and management regarding calibration issues.
• Assignments will require critical thinking and initiative.
• Must be an energetic self-starter with strong drive for accomplishment
• Must be able to specify and request purchase of parts or materials and communicate with manufacturers and vendors.
• When needed, initiate deviations, CAPAs and change controls. Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions for OOT events.
• Participate in 6S projects to increase efficiency, productivity and quality. Identify and suggest initiatives for continuous improvement.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Military PMEL or TMDE training preferred.
• Certified Calibration Technician from an accredited body preferred.
• 3+ years as a Metrologist/Calibration Technician.
• Minimum 2 years calibration experience in a pharmaceutical industry or GMP facility.
• Knowledge of various equipment, facilities, utilities, standards, techniques, processes and policies.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a diverse workload.
• Able to plan, organize and coordinate multiple responsibilities while maintaining attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Experience using SAP, Rockwell Automation and REES System preferred.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.