Senior Scientist Developmental Analytics
- PACT Pharma
- South San Francisco, California
- Based on Experience
- Start date
- Nov 15, 2021
- Manufacturing & Production, Process, Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for Sr. Scientist Developmental Analytics reporting to the SVP Process Development. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
The candidate will form and lead experimental research performed by RA’s and Scientists in analytical development supporting PACT’s process development and cell manufacturing process. Furthermore, they will interact closely with Scientists and Research Associates of PACT’s Research and manufacturing team, e.g. QC, for technology transfer. They will be actively performing experiments and should be highly proficient in state-of-the-art techniques for primary cell culture, molecular and cell analysis, and related instrumentation that will develop and support troubleshooting quantitative, semi-quantitative, and qualitative assays. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Plan strategies and mission to guide the formation of a developmental analytical team
- Participate in the development, qualification, and transfer of quantitative, semi-quantitative bioanalytical and molecular methods to support the current and next generation cell therapy manufacturing process
- Manages research associate/scientist level team members
- The candidate will interact closely with associated departments to support technology transfer to manufacturing and QC
- Contributes to the development of department level strategy to support key goals of the organization
- Present results, conclusions, and implications to project teams and senior management
- Work with outside vendors to evaluate reagents, instrumentation, and software for best supporting assay development and data generation/analysis
- Author standard test methods and best-practices documents for the assay development group, including reports
- Support of regulatory submissions by authoring/reviewing study reports or CMC sections
- The candidate is expected to maintain rigor and quality of execution, documentation and timelines
- The ideal candidate should hold a PhD with 6+ years’ experience or a master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in T cell biology (or related field)
- Understanding QC assay requirements
- Experience in developing biologic/cellular and molecular assays in the regulated environment to support the following: potency, cell-based-assays, qPCR, digital drop PCR, ELISA, MSD, or other ligand-binding assay technologies
- Prior cell therapy process and assay development experience required (minimum 1 year)
- Demonstrated a ability to design, hire, and lead a high performing group of scientists and RAs
- Peer-reviewed publications in the area of assay development a plus
- Familiarity with cGMP requirements
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- She/he must have excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert