Applications Scientist/Senior Scientist
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking an innovative and dynamic scientist with strong communication skills. Opportunities exist to a) develop biochemical and cell-based applications for a range of PerkinElmer immunoassay technologies such as AlphaLISA®, HTRF® and DELFIA®, b) develop total solutions utilizing EnVision® and VICTOR Nivo™ Multimode Plate Readers and JANUS® automated liquid handling workstation, and c) participate in customer-facing technical events and support Field Application Scientists.
- Develop strategic applications using immunoassay technologies such as AlphaLISA, HTRF and DELFIA to support the Life Sciences business and commercial teams.
- Based on experimental data, author technical collateral such as application notes, guides and technical briefs.
- Author applications-based peer-reviewed publications, scientific posters and presentations for webinars.
- Evaluate novel assay technologies for the Life Sciences portfolio.
- Support reagents and instruments demonstrations and trainings for customers in a technical capacity.
- Work collaboratively with team members and other PerkinElmer organizations in developing applications.
Bachelors in Science degree and 2+ years experience.
Advanced Degree in Biochemistry or related field and 0 years of experience.
- Individual must have bench expertise in drug discovery assays including assay design, development.
- Troubleshooting experience for a wide range of assay technologies desirable.
- Background in cell culture/cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience in automated liquid handling is a plus.
- Experience in fluorescence imaging is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively, within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals and activities.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to learn new instrument systems and retain technical information.
- Ability to operate under tight schedules.
What we offer?
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Day – “Impact Day”
- Paid Sick time
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement - $7,500 annual
- 401k Retirement Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% of your eligible pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Various voluntary insurance benefit plans
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Plans with HSA & 100% coverage for in-network preventive care