Cardiac Electrophysiology Summer Intern
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Cardiac Electrophysiology intern, you will report to the Principal Scientist, Integrative Cardiac Electrophysiologist. You will contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms underlying graft-associated ventricular arrhythmias by using various research models, including the novel technology of living myocardial slices (LMS). The internship is designed to be accessible to a new researcher and provide you with transferable skills for future research, education, and biotechnology endeavors.
We are seeking students who share in our passion that engineered cells as medicines have the potential to meaningfully change the outcome for patients across a broad swath of diseases AND that building an inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment will improve our probability of success in achieving this vision.
What you’ll do
- Scientific skills: Lab bench skills, data integrity and quality, good lab and safety practices, ELN documentation, the designing, planning, and executing of experiments; data analysis, visualizations, and data interpretation
- Cell biology: Culture of human pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes (hPSC-CMs)
- Electrophysiology: Myocardial slice preparation. Evaluation of in vitro and ex vivo research models
- Learn about: Novel therapeutic approaches using stem cells and cell engineering
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate coursework targeting a degree in a scientific discipline within Biological Sciences such as: Biology, Bioengineering, Biotech, Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology
- GPA Requirement: 3.0
What will separate you from the crowd
- Basic knowledge in cardiac electrophysiology
What you should know
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- You must be 18 years of age prior to scheduled start date
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Available to work 40 hours a week
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.