Research Associate Molecular Biology
OverviewAbveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma. Abveris is a private, employee-owned company that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with unlimited vacation days, a matching retirement plan and free lunch every day.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Molecular Biology team and contribute to cloning, antibody sequencing, single B cell discovery and additional molecular biology workflows. The role will be lab-based and integral to expanding our molecular biology capabilities as our company continues its rapid growth trajectory and passion for integrating state-of-the-art technology and custom antibody discovery techniques.
The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on experience with immune cell sample processing, PCR amplification and cloning techniques. Technical proficiency in a combination of the following is also desired: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, antibody sequence analysis and high throughput downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills are cornerstones for a successful candidate.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performing various cloning protocols and integrating new techniques to enable high throughput processing.
- Executing high throughput PCR-based assays.
- Sequence analysis, including NGS-based antibody analysis with Geneious Prime and Biologics.
- Experience with computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis.
- Developing new techniques for execution in the lab and subsequent downstream analysis.
- Degree in Biology or other related discipline with relevant molecular and cellular biology experience, preferably in an industry setting.
- Hands-on (wet lab) experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation, PCR setup and quality control analysis.
- Demonstrated high throughput sample handling.
- Comprehensive data analysis for sequencing projects using relevant software tools (e.g. Geneious Prime, Vector NTI, SnapGene, etc.).
- Knowledge of antibody discovery techniques and workflows.
- Excellent attention to detail, record keeping and a passion for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadline-driven workflows.