Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations . The person in this position will lead Gladstone’s efforts to generate additional philanthropic support from corporations and foundations. Key priorities will be enhancing the stewardship of Gladstone’s current corporate and foundation supporters as well as broadening the base of institutional benefactors. This person will work closely with senior leaders at Gladstone, scientific colleagues, development officers and volunteers to ensure that they are executing on the most value-added activities, donors and prospects are receiving the attention they need, and Gladstone’s fundraising goals have a high probability of being achieved. Incumbents will play a critical role in developing complex proposals for individual donors, corporations and foundations.
The Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will focus on identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate and foundation relationships, with a particular focus on mid-tier (e.g., AUM $10MM to $100MM) family foundations. This is a vitally important role in Gladstone’s fundraising program.
Corporate and Foundation Relations:
- Lead and manage the corporate and foundation relations program at Gladstone Institutes.
- Work with leadership, scientific colleagues, philanthropy team members and volunteers to increase financial support from corporations and foundations.
- Broaden Gladstone’s mid-tier (e.g. AUM of $10 to $100MM) family foundation prospect base, overseeing research and strategy development efforts in this area.
- Manage an active portfolio of some of Gladstone’s most important corporate and or foundation prospects to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward their support, which may include gifts, sponsored research and/or in-kind donations.
- Develop and manage a highly customized stewardship program for Gladstone’s top 15 corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and builds a network of individuals doing similar work in a related field, ideally biomedical research.
- Demonstrated success in creating proposals for major and principal gift donors, including individual, corporate and foundation supporters.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues effectively on proposal development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing corporate and foundation relationships in nonprofit fundraising environment, ideally for an institution in the healthcare / biomedical research field.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in corporate and/or foundation prospect identification, relationship building and solicitation.
- Proven track record of stewarding corporate and foundation relationships.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling development proposals.
- Ability to work effectively with leadership, colleagues and volunteers.
- Experience fundraising for STEM, biomedical research and diversity, equity and inclusion programs is strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative while juggling multiple projects and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prepare and present information in various report formats.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and relational databases.
- Expert knowledge of research tools and industry best practices.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.