Medical Writing Senior Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Medical Writing Senior Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide leadership and expertise in publication development and execution for our pipeline oncology products.
- Collaborate with authors to generate content for abstracts, posters, orals, and manuscripts that appropriately communicates the scientific significance and value to the target audience (discovery, clinical, health economics, observational research, etc.)
- Understand and contribute to discussions on product strategy and how publications support the strategy and medical objectives
- Manage outsourced projects and ensure quality, alignment, and timely completion while staying on track with allocated budgets
- Understand the publication landscape (journals, congresses, readership, etc.) and advise the Publication Team and authors accordingly
- Demonstrate disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to the product
- Lead discussions on appropriate publication innovations (enhanced content, etc.) and execute appropriately
- Ensure alignment of publication content with product strategy, communication objectives, and lexicon
- Develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners
- Drive timelines and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with Project Managers and Publication Coordinators to ensure that publication records in the publication documentation system are current and accurate
- Serve as internal resource to cross-functional teams regarding compliant publication practices
Additional activities may include:
- Manage deliverables for more than one product
- Lead critical functional or cross-functional initiatives
- Mentor and/or manage internal staff and/or vendors
- Understand the evolving publications landscape through engagement with and participation in professional societies
- Travel occasionally (up to 10%)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a confident with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Masters degree and 6 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of publication development industry experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of publication development industry experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of publication development industry experience
- PhD, MD, PharmD with at least 4 years of publication development industry experience in the bio-pharmaceutical sector
- Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed medical journals as well as abstracts and posters or oral presentations for scientific congresses
- Demonstrated record of executing strategically and tactically in a highly matrixed environment working with cross-functional, dynamic teams
- Comfort with providing strategic input to senior leadership on topics regarding publication planning and data dissemination
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Experience leading and delegating projects with limited supervision
- Experience collaborating with clinical investigator authors on publication development
- Extraordinary analytical, communication, organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
- Experience training or managing staff
- Proficient in word processing, including touch-typing, and pertinent software (eg, Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable about ICMJE - International Committee of Medical Journal Editors Recommendations, GPP3 - Good Publication Practice 3 guidelines
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.