Software Test Engineer
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) is helping scientists forge a better understanding of biology by providing a unique long-read sequencing technology that generates more complete and accurate data, giving them more insights. Our sequencing systems allow scientists to characterize genomes, transcriptomes, and epigenomes from any organism. Scientists use our technology in areas such as human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Become part of the new paradigm in long-read sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
We are looking for a highly driven and talented software tester to join our growing instrument software development group. The team creates software that supports the development of our sequencing instrument. In this role, you will be responsible for testing software designed to assist our customers in operating our sequencer. This will include testing of complex workflows and user interfaces, with a focus on automated testing of the systems.
- Perform application and service testing using both manual and automated testing techniques
- Design, improve and execute software verification test cases
- Provide technical assistance to production issues escalated from customer support
- Communicate verbal and written status updates towards project goals
- Work with software engineers to make sure the software is developed with adequate automated test coverage and supports the development of auxiliary automated integration tests
- Develop and maintain automated integration test suites
- Develop and maintain metrics on test results
- Design and implement a traceability strategy for requirements, features, test cases, and test results
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of test automation experience
- 2+ years' experience with automated build tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Hudson or Bamboo
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, including system administration and configuration
- Ability to read and write C# and Python
- Experience troubleshooting and working with complex mechanical systems a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Creativity of thought and mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Curious, detail oriented, and analytical with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.