Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Omidria Brand
Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Omidria Brand
As the Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Omidria Brand, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the US marketing mix for an innovative ophthalmic drug for use in cataract surgery, including the development and implementation of marketing plans, product and program launches and events, as well as managing specific projects in support of brand management. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Omidria Brand Lead, you will work to pull-through brand strategy to drive growth. This position will work closely with cross-functional partners across Commercial Operations, Sales, Training, Field Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Finance, and Legal.
Come join our Commercial Marketing Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros’ proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Support the implementation of product and program marketing plans (including training materials, presentation development and delivery)
- Create selling strategies and manage the promotional material portfolio including the development of creative and well-communicated materials to support brand initiatives
- Aid in the development of positioning and messaging, branding and educational platform messaging for HCP and audiences
- Close field interaction to pull through and execute strategic brand initiatives and tactics
- Manage advertising and production agencies; manage the deployment and analytics of omni-channel advertising
- Collaborate and partner closely to oversee sales force training
- Lead development of SEO, ECRM and multiple digital channels
- Work with the field organization to organize and conduct national and local POA meetings
- Manage the promotional speaker bureau, content and programs
- Manage the brand’s participation at US ophthalmology professional meetings including exhibit design, production, and staffing, as well as promotional activities and sponsorships
- Manage primary and secondary market research projects, including defining project objectives, selection and coordination of vendors and resources, creation of research materials, conduct analytics and development of learnings and subsequent recommendations
- Participate in the development and conduct of advisory boards
- Support key logistical activities, notably those related to the Promotional Review Committee (PRC) and promotional materials fulfillment
- Maintain productive relationships with key therapeutic opinion leaders
- Diagnose critical issues that impact the success of promotional marketing efforts and develop creative solutions to continuously improve their effectiveness
- May manage budget and expenses as assigned, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Track and monitor all program/tactic targets to drive measurable results as compared with spend (ROI)
- Build consensus by involving others in decisions that impact them; handle controversial issues responsibly
- Responsible for complying with all applicable rules and regulations pertaining to the selling, marketing and distribution of Omidria
What education, experience, skills and knowledge do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or life sciences; Master’s in business administration (MBA) preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years for a Sr. Manager level/10 + years for an Associate Director level of impactful biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry commercial experience is required with 2+ years of experience in marketing or market research; supplemental experience in field sales or advertising is desirable
- Experience and familiarity with ophthalmology pharmaceutical or device products is highly desirable
- Experience and familiarity with “buy-and-bill” or medical benefit products is highly desirable
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills are a must; ability to understand drivers of performance, synthesize and accurately draw conclusions from data and apply results of market research to inform decision making
- General knowledge of internet marketing, SEO, pay-per click advertising, social media, digital applications, and web analytics
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proven ability to work and influence as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience influencing without direct authority across cross-functional teams, working effectively in complex situations
- Exceptional business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a concise, engaging and convincing manner, including to an executive level audience
Our ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers and subordinates; ability to build effective working relationships in a matrix environment
- An extraordinary work ethic and drive for success, including the desire to take personal responsibility
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and keep projects on track to meet deadlines
- Strong intrapersonal and influencing skills; highly collaborative
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction
- Integrity and personal credibility
- The employee is required to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight stays
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge we are seeking, we’d love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.