Director, CMC Program Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, CMC Program Management is both the leader of a team that provides centralized support for the development of CMC strategies as well as an active participant in those CMC teams. The Director is also charged with leading and developing a diverse global team and in being a key member of the Development Sciences Business Operations Leadership Team
- Provide line management of CMC Program Management Office (CMC PMO) staff.
- Manage, develop, coach and mentor staff. Foster and sustain a challenging, inclusive, and rewarding work environment where talent is developed and diversity valued.
- Provide Program Management (PM) support for one or more Product Presentation and Device Strategy Teams (PPDSTs).
- Serve as a key Business partner in developing core strategies and delivering goals of asset teams
- Coordinate PPDST activities and deliverables and supports the PPDST leader in driving cross-functional alignment good decision-making practices
- Proactively identify challenges or potential issues for execution, both within PPDST and partnering with asset PM cross-functionally, managing or escalating as appropriate
- Partner with project planners to ensure appropriate and accurate tracking and reporting of team deliverable timelines. Maintain operational awareness of the PPDST deliverables and upcoming needs
- Partner with PPDST members to proactively identify, communicate and manage team risks, including escalation as appropriate for asset level risks
- Drive strategy for the CMC PMO team to provide effective and responsive Program Management to CMC teams.
- Focus on enterprise perspective to provide PM support to help advance enterprise goals
- Collaborate with sister functions to ensure responsive and adaptive approach to providing Program Management to CMC teams
- Actively and regularly assess cost and benefit of PM activities to ensure greatest impact in a resource-limited environment
- Participate actively in the advancement of Program Management and asset development at AbbVie.
- Proactively seek learnings from other teams and share best practices
- Partners with colleagues in the PM organization and leads sub-teams to develop and implement change to drive process improvement
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in at least one role/functional area associated with drug development (research and development, commercial, project management, operations), preferably within CMC or a related preclinical area
- 6+ years in a cross-functional project / program management role. Strong program management skills and knowledge of program management practices in the pharmaceutical industry and common tools utilized
- Experience in late stage drug development, including being a part of a launch team
- Change management experience in implementing cross-functional/organizational initiatives
- Well-developed strategic thinking and leadership skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.