Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will play an active role in Recursion’s SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP compliance processes. You will prepare, analyze and report on financial results, creating accounting policies and serving as a key resource to help interpret and provide solutions to technical accounting and business issues.
The Team You’ll Join
As part of the Financial Reporting team, you will have broad exposure to numerous teams within Recursion and build strong internal business partnerships. You will also interact with several external business partners.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings (including benefit plans and other statutory reports), while ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under U.S. GAAP and the SEC (including XBRL).
- Stay current on technical accounting matters and assist with research on technical accounting topics, writing accounting position memos and implementing new accounting standards.
- Lead the implementation of Recursion’s Sarbanes-Oxley 404 processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist with cross-functional projects on an ad-hoc basis, including with the Financial Planning and Analysis group’s planning processes.
- Assist with key accounting processes including stock-based compensation, leases, goodwill, intangibles and joint collaborations.
- Partner with the Legal and Investor Relations groups and support preparation of financial communications, including earnings releases and the annual report.
- Critically assess financial reporting information received from other functions and service providers to determine its impact on Recursion’s reporting.
- Help coordinate quarterly review processes and audit procedures with external auditors.
- Interface with the finance leadership team, outside public accountants and attorneys, internal legal, tax and other departments.
- Critically focus on continuous improvement initiatives that increase the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial reporting deliverables.
- BA/BS in Accounting - CPA certification preferred.
- 3 - 4 years of experience either in a Big Four public accounting firm or a combination of public accounting and public company industry experience with financial reporting / technical accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the U.S. GAAP, SOX 404 compliance and SEC reporting regulations.
- Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for work outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Workiva, XBRL, and other software a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions in the organization.
- Must be flexible, organized and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, build relationships and to influence effectively in ambiguous situations.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.