Associate Manager, Statistical Genetics
We are looking for an Associate Manager, Statistical Genetics to contribute to the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced humans, with the goal of generating the knowledge to enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. Work collaboratively with other experts in genomic data analysis, computational biology, and medicine to design, implement and refine genetic epidemiological analyses that improve our understanding of the etiology of human diseases and health.
A typical day might include the following:
- Conduct genome scale analyses with genotype or sequence data.
- Use and interpret Mendelian randomization studies, polygenic risk score analysis, and pleiotropy analysis, with sequencing or genotyping data as a substrate.
- Conduct groundbreaking genomic analyses and use their application to complex human traits.
- Use innovative genetic epidemiological analysis methods to generate insights about human disease. Approaches to be employed include Mendelian randomization, polygenic risk score modelling, LD Score regression, pleiotropy analysis, and meta-analysis.
- Critically review and provide input on analysis plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
This role might be for you if you:
- Bring innovative thinking to large-scale genetic studies and analysis.
- Have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- Have ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Have outstanding communication skills to summarize and present new statistical methods and concepts and the results of human genetic studies to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from specialists in statistical genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design and medicine.
- Are a motivated teammate with a desire to pursue genetic discovery in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.