At Vincerx, we’re focused on addressing the unmet medical needs of patients with paradigm-shifting therapeutics. We aspire to conquer cancer with innovative therapies—translating promising scientific breakthroughs into meaningful therapies for cancer patients.
Vincerx Pharma is a public, clinical stage cancer drug R&D company with a focus on developing novel cancer therapies that matter. The management team has a track record of rapidly developing best-in-class drugs for cancer patients in need. Our lead program is a highly selective CDK9 inhibitor with a best-in-class opportunity and has demonstrated promising efficacy in Phase 1. We also have a highly innovative bioconjugation platform technology to discover and develop next generation small molecule & antibody-drug conjugates with the flexibility to address both solid and hematologic cancers.
- Protocol development to include working closely with clinical operations and project teams. Oversees the direction, planning, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials and the data collection activities. Must interact well with clinical investigators.
- Directing protocol implementation, including site identification and communication, attendance at investigators’ meetings, correspondence with sites including IRBs, and interaction with operations teams.
- Program development, including working cross-functionally with all of the disciplines necessary for successful drug development: pre-clinical, manufacturing, quality assurance, regulatory, medical affairs, marketing, legal, biostatistics and data management, pharmacovigilence, medical safety, and clinical operations.
- Close interaction with the pre-clinical team, to understand the scientific basis of targeted therapy, and to apply this knowledge to articulating therapeutic strategies and comprehending biomarker exploration.
- Clinical trial monitoring, including the oversight of all aspects of trial conduct and safety, contact with investigators and with site study staff.
- Support of data analysis and assembly, including clinical study report writing, contribution to the preparation of abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Support commercial teams, through the communication of medical issues to the commercial group, and by helping to formulate medical opportunities for the marketing team.
- Close interaction with Medical Affairs in support of ISTs and publications.
- Close interaction with the regulatory department and regulatory agencies, taking part in IND submissions, IB authorship, and communication with US and international regulatory agencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required, as are excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Demonstrated independence, initiative and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel time is approximately 15% including visits to investigative sites, regulatory agencies, and attendance at major oncology meetings.
- MD or MD/PhD with three or more years of industry experience. Subspecialty training in oncology and/or hematology preferred. Candidates with outstanding academic achievement and significant clinical trial experience may be considered.
Notice about COVID-19 Policy:
- Vincerx Pharma requires all COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of U.S. employment. For more information, please contact Vincerx HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% employee and dependent premiums paid for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid group life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- 10 U.S. holidays with two floating holidays per year
- Holiday shut-down (12/27-12/31/21)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
How we think about culture:
At Vincerx, we are passionate about our work family. We’ve pledged to create an open, aware, and accepting workplace and, by extension, a responsive, innovative, and successful company. Vincerx is an organization dedicated to delivering training and other resources to help employees, at all levels, feel a sense of belonging and support and achieve their full potential.
We are determined to address biases and inequities that may exist in our industry. We believe our focus on diversity and inclusion will enable us to further strengthen our unique and collaborative culture, continue to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction, and drive innovation and improved performance. Our diversity is our strength and sets us apart from many organizations.
We lead with respect, humanity, integrity, and inclusion.