Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Senior Research Associate to join our in vitro Biology team at Crinetics. The successful candidate will be an integral member of multidisciplinary teams working on unmet needs in endocrine related diseases and striving to make a real difference in the lives of patients.
Their primary role will be providing in vitro pharmacology data that supports lead optimization campaigns, mechanism of action studies, and new target efforts in an environment that values scientific integrity and quality, and fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, optimize, validate, execute, troubleshoot, and analyze in vitro pharmacology assays under minimal supervision to generate high quality, reproducible data. Assays include, but are not limited to, biochemical, cell-based functional, and radioligand binding.
- Critically analyze and insightfully interpret data
- Efficiently and accurately document protocols and results in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Maintain multiple cell lines in culture
- Regularly present clear written and verbal data summaries
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and pertinent new technologies. Adapt concepts from literature to bench research to support ongoing studies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an in vitro biology lab including biochemical, cell-based functional, and radioligand binding assays
- Practical experience with a broad range of in vitro biological assays (especially assays investigating GPCRs)
- Experience culturing cells with sterile (aseptic) technique
- Outstanding experimental design, problem-solving, and data analysis skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new assays and process data
- Ability to effectively multitask and advance various projects simultaneously without compromising data quality or reproducibility
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment toward timely execution of shared team deliverables
- Enthusiasm for developing an expanding technical and theoretical knowledge base
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, organizational and interpersonal skills to ensure operational excellence of daily laboratory needs
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Equipment: PC, scanners, voice mail and e-mail systems, and common office machines, or ability to be trained. Knowledge of other equipment required: Familiarity with biology lab equipment (pipets, pH meter, centrifuges, liquid handlers, microplate readers, etc)
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of other software required: GraphPad Prism experience is an asset
EFFORT REQUIRED/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
Laboratory Activities, if applicable: Biology and chemical laboratory environments experience needed. Environmental health and safety requirements also apply.
Travel may be required up to 5% of your time.