HTS Bioassay QC Associate
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Develop protocols for assay control testing, cell lot qualification, reagent qualification.
- Innovate methods to determine if reagents are fit for the HTS platform.
- Perform routine and non-routine testing of critical assay reagents.
- Analyze data, report results, and advise high throughput lab teams on outputs of testing
- Author SOPs and reports as needed.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the High Throughput Analytics & Controls team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring robust process controls to our R&D High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms. With increased scale and complexity of the assays run on the HTS platform, we need to ensure that our assays are performing at a high success rate. That is where you come in. As a HTS Bioassay QC Associate you will lead the process for reagent qualification, design and execute studies to test platform artifacts, and communicate your findings to the relevant teams. In this cross-functional role you will be interfacing with our lab operations team to continuously improve our insight generation and working alongside our innovation team to bring robust solutions to the platform.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience with cell-based assays (gene expression, flow cytometry, ELISA).
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks – from those which are routine in nature to those which require independent thought and direction.
- Must be highly detail oriented, maintain accurate records, perform independent analysis and are able to communicate results.
- Experience with programming techniques is a plus, e.g. Python, SQL, Splunk
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in a biological field
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.