Scientist II, IO, Translational Medicine
Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 850 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year. NASDAQ: ZLAB
An exciting opportunity for a talented and self-motivated scientist for Translational Medicine immuno-oncology (IO) team. The successful candidate will be actively involved in the preclinical and clinical activities to support the translational research strategies for the ongoing clinical trials of immuno-oncology pipelines.
- Provide translational experiments under in vitro and in vivo settings to support the clinical development of immunotherapeutic, including the identification, validation, and execution of predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers, elucidation of MOA to guide therapy combination and patient selection
- Identify, develop, and execute assays, technologies and methodologies for translational research and biomarker analysis
- Perform and manage external CROs for preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies and clinical biomarker studies.
- Document, analyze and report research findings at internal and external meetings
- Contribute to the maintenance of the functional Translational Medicine IO lab including equipment, reagents, and materials.
- MS with 4+ years or PhD with 3+ years research experience in academia or industry.
- Experience in oncology/immuno-oncology research and biomarker development, familiar with multiple-color Flow cytometry, ADCP, ADCC, CDC and T cell assays is a plus
- Experience in molecular and cell biology skills including but not limited to cell culture and cell-based assays, RNA/RT-qPCR, and ELISA.
- Experience with tissue-based analysis, including IHC, ISH, RNA-seq and immunofluorescence techniques would be a plus
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization software such as Excel, PPT, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo et al.
- Ability to work collaboratively, strong communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
- Curious, self-motivated, quick leaner with good organization and record keeping skills.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.