Senior Scientist I/II Immunology Discovery
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Our immunology research group focusses on identifying new targets for the treatment of autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases through computational analysis of human disease tissue derived datasets, and validation of targets using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches. We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated individual with Immunology laboratory experience both in vitro as well as in vivo. This position requires passion, attention to detail, hands-on experience and teamwork.
- Identification and validation of novel targets for the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
- Development of strategic plans to guide the selection and prioritization of identified targets.
- Generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions using in vitro and in vivo platforms.
- Experience with in vitro and/or in vivo immune models is required
- Planning and coordination of experiments with internal and external team members .
- Analysis and presentation of study data, providing scientific interpretations and recommendations in lab meetings and project team meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized records and laboratory notebooks.
- Supporting development of protocols, study reports and data presentations.
- PhD in Immunology/Biological Sciences (0-5 years of post-doctoral experience) or in a related discipline with hands-on experience working in a laboratory.
- Expertise in the study of inflammatory diseases such IBD, Lupus and/or other Rheumatic disorders.
- Experience executing in vitro functional assays using rodent cells is required.
- Experience executing rodent models of autoimmune disease is required.
- Experience with human cells is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a quick-learner and be a team-player.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.