Scientist, Adeno-Associated Viral Vector Technology
Wellstat Ophthalmics is seeking a Scientist to join our team. The scientist will be responsible for recombinant adeno-associated viral (AAV) vector production for the development of novel gene therapy products for the treatment of important human diseases including, but not limited to, ocular, cardiovascular, and diabetic diseases.
- Design and engineer AAV vector constructs, including different serotypes
- Produce and purify AAV vectors
- Characterize and titter AAV vectors
- Supply research-grade of AAV vectors for in vivo studies
- Contribute to experimental design and data analysis
- Prepare reports, protocols and manuscripts
- Present results at appropriate meetings/conferences
- Follow biosafety guidelines
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise in recombinant AAV vector technology
- Extensive hands-on experience and skills in AAV vector engineering, construction, production, purification, characterization, and titration , including different AAV serotypes
- In-depth knowledge with AAV vector biology and gene therapy
- Able to independently conduct experiments under minimal supervision
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Experience and familiarity with ocular diseases, cardiovascular, and diabetic vascular diseases in animal research are a plus
Ph.D. in a relevant field with a minimum of three years’ working experience with recombinant AAV vector technology.
Wellstat Ophthalmics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.